spideysfam

Sunday, August 21, 2005

My leg is sooo damn sore. Went tubing down the river yesterday and of course I got injured. We didn't have any of our own tubes so Steve borrowed a few for me and Ironman. Spidey sat on the pontoon boat with Steve. These tubes were the most inefficient river tubes I have ever seen. They both had a huge bubble on one side. We figured that it would make a good pillow. Wrong. We would end up sitting almost straight up in the water and fall over. I tried to put the bubble at my legs but ended up doing a backwards somersault into the water. I really scared my self there. And of course everyone I was with is way down the river and didn't see. I figured I almost killed myself there and no one even knew.

So I finally get sort of on this damn tube. Things are going ok. Little bit of problems with my feet hitting the rocks, nothing I can't handle. We get past this one corner that I was freaked to go on, and everything is going good. We see another corner coming up, it doesn't look so bad. All of a sudden we see our buddy Dan do a flip of his tube. Oh shit, here we go I thought. By this time the current had got me and there was no stopping. Well it got be all right and threw me right into the rocks. Smashed my left leg. But then I'm stuck on the damn side of this rock. Water gushing past me, I still have my tube. I'm holding on for dear life, contemplating what I am gonna do. If I try to jump back in the water with the tube I'm just gonna get thrown back into the wall. I let the tube go and saw it go floatin' by Ironman down the way. He had stopped to wait for me.
I'm still holding on to the rock contemplating what I am going to do. My leg was screaming at me in pain but I knew I couldn't hold on forever. I still figured I was gonna get thrown back into the rocks if I jumped but knew I had to. I let go and jumped, under the water I went, sunglasses staying on, I just knew I was gonna hit my head on a rock, but all of a sudden I'm just floating and I'm in a calm part of the river again. Floated down to Ironman as he was trying to come back up stream for me. He told me he had never been that scared over me before. He really thought I was in serious trouble. He even told me that a few times later that day. Well the rest of the tubing trip went good, but got out of the water and I could barely walk. My thigh is so damn sore.
Last night I was walking around with a crutch so I didn't have to put any pressure on it. But I'm so clumsy I kept hitting it with the crutch, so that didn't work. I have a bruise from my hip to my knee and it HURTS. I can't stand up it hurts, can't sit down it hurts, can't walk, can't get out of my car, hurts when I use the clutch in my car. It just fckn hurts. Good thing I dont' have a more physical job or I wouldn't have been going to work today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home